West Cork has a long and proud tradition of enterprise, particularly when is comes to using our natural resources. Our local food producers have put West Cork on the world gourmet map, winning acclaim, awards and more importantly, customers, all over the world. The region is known for its innovative and highly skilled craft makers many of whom have been attracted to living here not just by the quality of life but by also the strong local networks that encourage mutual support and collaboration.
Endogenous development is a core concept in our approach at West Cork Development Partnership – we believe that if we in West Cork invest in our own skills and knowledge, value our culture and add value to our own resources we can achieve long-term sustainable growth.
Projects under this measure can attract funding of up to €150,000 for private promoters at a rate of 75%. This measure is available to micro-enterprises only (i.e. <10 employees, see detailed definition).
The sectors that we see as having strongest potential under the programme in 2012 are listed below, this is not an exhaustive list but an indication of fit with the guidelines and objectives.
- Wood energy & other renewables
- Digital & creative media
Here are a few examples of projects funded under this measure. Click here for a full list of allocations.
- Toonsbridge Dairy
- Fuchsia Brands Ltd.
- West Cork Times
- Bridewood Pallets
Aid shall not be awarded or paid in respect of the following mainstream categories:
- Greyhound Industry
- Healthcare activities
Aid shall not be awarded in respect of the following activities:
- Conventional motor vehicles, including cars, industrial/farm/construction vehicles, vans, buses, &c.
- Conventional retail operations, excluding community based shops and farm shops selling locally produced produce.
- Courses of instruction or training which form the part of normal education programmes or systems at secondary or higher levels
- Insurance for project promoters
- Mainstream activities of sporting clubs and organisations
- Nursing homes
- Planning application fees
- Race Horses or Sport Horses
- Working capital (including stock)
- Second-hand equipment except in the case of micro-enterprises within the meaning of Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC.
- Horticultural (including bee-keeping)