On Monday May 31st, 2010, Batt O’Keeffe, Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Innovation launched a report on the development potential for e-working and remote working in the West Cork region. The report was commisioned by the West Cork Development Partnership and conducted by PA Consulting in order to review the region’s suitability to host and develop new flexible forms of employment enabled by the new technology applications and the local broadband infrastructure. The report examines the West Cork region’s suitability and capacity in terms of:
• The potential of e-working and telecommuting as well as the tasks and work types that can be enabled by technology.
• An analysis of the available broadband mapped by location and type.
• The productivity and financial benefits as well as work/life, environmental and wider socio-economic benefits.
• E-worker skillsets, roles, availability and qualifications.
• The development of an e-worker environment including recommendations for support and implementation
The report can be downloaded by completing the form below.
If you would like to discuss the report, its findings and recommendations or to discuss the supports available from the West Cork Development Partnership to support its implementation (including the provision of development funding and grant assistance), please contact Ian Dempsey, CEO, West Cork Development Partnership at email@example.com
To download please complete the form below and click “Submit & Download”
[contact-form 10 "eWorking Report"]
If you’d like to view the presenation made by the consultants at the launch event, click here.>